Warm Up - Battle the Weather
Leader talks through scenarios as everyone copies. Eg. “I want you to imagine it’s really early and you’ve just woken up so take a massive yawn and stretch”– Everyone stops, yawns.
- “And back to walking around but oh look at the time you’re late for work, let’s pick up the pace you need to get there fast” – Pace of walking increases
- “Oh no, clocks have gone back you’ve got looaads of time, see how slow you can go” – everyone slows down and moves in slow motion
- Leader can play with calling out different weather environments to make them move in different ways to stretch out and get their bodies warmed up
- Rainy – have to imagine holding umbrellas andhiding from rain.
- Windy – Trying to walk in straight line, getting blown about (maybe hold onto someone else so don’t blow away).
- Muddy from all the wind and rain – Hard to move legs, have to take big strides.
- Too hot and sunny – slow walk, shield from sun.