Participants begin by jogging slowly around the playing space in any direction. On the various commands listed below, they should carry out the appropriate action:
● jumping bean – jump around the space
● broad bean – walk around the space taking large strides
● baked bean – lay down on their backs
● jelly bean – wobble like jelly
● frozen bean – stand still
● chilli bean – shiver and shake
● back to back bean – find a partner and stand back to back
● full of beans – dance around full of energy
● tinned beans – get into small groups
NB. It is a great opportunity to encourage the children to create their own 'beans'.
- May require some adjustment to suit Pre-School aged children, the elderly, pregnant women or SEND participants.